An official army family and MWR Site

Travel Information

Travel & Lodging


American Forces Travel - This is the only official MWR sanctioned travel site


Armed Forces Recreation Centers

Army Lodging Programs                                  

Space A Travel                 

      No Federal Endorsement Intended


For your ticketing needs, please call:

Shades of Green (407) 824-1403


Battle Creek MWR (269) 961-5084

      No Federal Endorsement Intended

Bus Trips & Rental

**** Our Bus service is not running at this time ****


Are you planning a group event or even going to a sports game and you do not want the hassles of finding parking? Large or small, transporting your group has never been easier. We have a bus for rent which holds approximately 30-35 people. Call 586-282-0971 for more information on renting the MWR bus.

OCONUS Travel Briefing * Passport * TSA


If you are traveling outside the continental US, please schedule your OCONUS Travel briefing by emailing: 

OCONUS Travel Briefing

Garrison employees, please schedule your OCONUS Travel briefing by emailing: 

OCONUS Travel Briefing - GARRISON 



Allow 4-6 weeks to obtain passport. When planning your vacation please be aware of the leisure passport requirements. Visit to find out what you need to know before you travel. To obtain a passport for the first time, you need to go in person to one of over 9,000 passport offices. You must bring passport photographs of yourself, proof of U.S. citizenship, and a valid form of photo identification such as a driver’s license. Please be sure to verify all requirements before visiting a passport office. You’ll also need to apply in person if your expired U.S. passport is not in your possession; if your previous U.S. passport has expired and was issued more than 15 years ago; if your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16; or if your currently valid U.S. passport has been lost or stolen.

All Family members traveling outside the U.S. must obtain a passport prior to travel. Active duty cannot travel leisurely on an official passport. Active duty Soldiers planning to travel to foreign countries for R & R should visit the DoD Foreign Clearance Guide for required documents for that particular country. 

311-TSA Travel Tips

  • Travel Info
  • Leisure Travel Services at The Detroit Arsenal has closed. For your ticketing needs, please call: Shades of Green (407) 824-1403   or  Battle Creek MWR (269) 961-5084 For Travel, visit American Forces Travel:
  • Hours:

More Recreation